Custom Search

Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas lights



You know what I hate more than anything...........putting up Christmas lights on the outside.  I know mundane stuff here.   Think about it though, if you live in a cold climate like I do it suuuuuccccckkkkkssssss!!!!   Moms turn your heads and blind your kids eyes cause I said a bad word .   Never said I was kid friendly here .  I know got side tracked , but honestly who in their right mind would do this stuff in the cold of late fall/early winter.   Not I but I do anyways like a mindless oaf pillaging a village.   Christmas lights are definitely not my favorite thing to put up but they are pretty to look at.  


Interestingly enough I do a pretty bang up job putting up the Christmas lights , nothing like Clark W. Griswold in Christmas Vacation.   You know the neighbor that really goes overboard with the lights or the one that is really and I mean really tacky with their light decorations.    I mean you have a nice home but really stink with the Christmas lights.   Makes me laugh all the way down the lane.  



So if you have not put up your lights follow these tips, if being elaborate with your lights make sure everything is in sync, if not your light display will be the laughing stock of the neighborhood, if you do chasing lights make sure to post warnings in your yard about epileptic seizures, don't want a neighborhood kid in your yard needing emergency help ( I know this is not a laughing matter).  By all means do not try to out do the guy down the street that has 14 inflatable yard decorations,plastic Santa Clause on the roof and every line of the house lined in in every color imaginable.   Employ the K.I.S.S method of things Keep It Simple Stupid.   If you follow that method your Christmas light display will be simple and elegant and make your home look good, not like the Griswold's down the street.  







No comments:

Post a Comment