Custom Search

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veterans Day

November 11th was in the beginning called Armistice Day after the treaty with the Allies and Germany after The Great War or World War I.   I know most American kids probably do not know that bit of American history.  November 11th became Veterans Day  on which the amendment was signed into law on May, 26 1954 by President Dwight D. Eisenhower.  Just a little history lesson to let people know the precursors to Veterans Day.  

I want to thank those that have served  our great nation of the United States of America .   To those that paid the ultimate sacrifice I honor you every day.   American service members are the elite of this country, not the so called millionaires and billionaires.  These men and women sacrifice everything so that we can be free and I thank them ,   Being from a military family , where my grandfathers, uncles, cousins and father in law having served or are serving, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for keeping us safe and free.

Thats all I have for now, be sure to thank a Vet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment