Custom Search

Thursday, November 15, 2012

UK/Duke and some other thoughts

UK is 1-1 to open the season
Now that the election has died down, and the Republicans are licking their wounds, and there is somewhat a bit of glasnost between the political parties lets get down to the brass tacks about Kentucky basketball.   Yup heard me right Kentucky basketball, the NCAA's winningest basketball program , opened their season last week against Maryland and on this past Tuesday played Duke,  Against Maryland the Cats well played like freshman and pulled out a win.   Then on Tuesday they again played like freshman against Duke and got beat.   Granted UK played well, they did not play well enough to beat Duke.   I know Calipari recruits the b est players he can get , however  this team is not last years' team.  This team I do not think has the NBA quality players of last year this point and time.   There is a lot of work to be done rebounding and staying home on defense.  When both bigs are in the game they should not be going after the block at the same time.   When they do they leave the glass wide open for offensive put backs.   I know I am being critical of them but I would rather lose now than in March.  

Now with basketball in full swing we want to welcome to the ranks of D1 basketball Northern Kentucky University Norse opened against San Diego , unfortunately they lost but here is to success to the Norse from NKU.


Is Eli an elite QB?  Granted he lost to the Bengals last Sunday, but you have to give the Bengals credit they played great to keep the GMen 0 for their last 6 in Cincy.   My opinion may differ from my fellow Morehead State University alum Phil Simms.   On CBS sports network Simms does not think that Eli is an elite enough quarterback in the NFL.   When I think of elite quarterbacks these men do come to mind, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Joe Namath, Terry Bradshaw, Tom Brady, and the Manning brothers.    Eli is up there, so I have to respectfully disagree with you Phil.





That is all I have for now music pick of blog is going to be ........



Have a good one folks

No comments:

Post a Comment